Tuesday, August 13, 2013

He's How Old?!?

    I know I have been more than a little MIA when it has come to blogging.  This past year has been a whirlwind with our five months in the States and then the older kiddos starting school this year.  Time flew by and I am not sure what happened to blogging.  So, here I am trying to get back into the practice of blogging!

   On the 6th of this month, Micah turned 7 years old or made 7 as they would say in Italian.  We have learned that summer is very calm around here and most of the kids in Micah's class have gone to visit their grandparents in another city or at a country home.  Therefore, having a party with classmates wasn't really an option right now.

    Micah decided he wanted to go bowling for his birthday this year.  We weren't sure how that was going to go.  There aren't very many bowling alleys here and they don't always allow kids to bowl.  Thankfully, one not too far from our house, said they would let Micah bowl, but not the other two.  That was fine with us.  The bowling alley is attached to an arcade and we knew that the younger two could play in the arcade after the bowling was done.

   We had a great time bowling.  The bowling alley had these metal gate type bumpers that would pop up when it was Micah's turn and then go back down when the next person bowled. Coolest thing ever! (Maybe some of you have seen these before, but this was new to us.)

   August starts birthday season for us and I knew there would be 3 more birthday cakes coming up in the next couple of months, so I talked Micah out of a birthday cake helped Micah  to consider alternatives  to the traditional birthday cake.  I knew Micah loved waffles and had stumbled across a recipe for carrot cake waffles on Pinterest (I know, I'm addicted).  They turned out great and he loved them!!



















No comments: