Today, as a special treat, I took the kids downtown to McDonalds for lunch. For us to get to this McDonalds, (probably the closest one to us) we have to take a 25 minute bus ride and then walk for about 20 minutes. I rarely attempt to do this on my own, but decided to brave it today.
So, in attempting this feat I chose to carry Ezekiel in the Ergo baby carrier, so I could hold the hands of the other two. So, imagine both hands hands full, Ezekiel strapped to me and diaper bag in there somewhere.
We made it through the bus ride and walk with only a few minor melt downs and arrived at a fairly empty Golden Arches. I ordered the food over excited kiddos and a slightly irritated baby, paid and then put my wallet back in the diaper bag. Everything was going fine. A worker even offered to carry my tray upstairs for me, since I had my hands full.
We were just finishing eating our food, when I decided to look in my wallet for something. I opened the diaper bag up and began to search through the many contents. I couldn't find it!! I emptied all the contents on the couch-like seat I was sitting on....nothing!! I told one of the workers that my money thing was missing. At this moment the words robbed and wallet had escaped me. They got the point and helped me look for it half-heartedly. A police officer came up to where we were seated but didn't even talk to me. Just came up and then left. It was gone!!!
I couldn't believe it. I am usually super safe about where my wallet is at all times. I guess in all the chaos of ordering, keeping kids calm, and trying to make sure I was getting everything I had ordered, someone snatched my wallet.
To make matters worse, I think someone may have seen it happen. There was a couple looking at me and pointing, which let's be honest isn't really all that abnormal. I am thinking now, that saw it happen and didn't even say anything!! Good Grief!
All the cards are cancelled and everything now, but definitely put a damper on the whole McDonalds experience and the day!!
3 comments:
Oh man that stinks so bad!! I am so sorry that happened! I hope you get your replacement cards soon!
Sorry sweet friend! There is something awful about being robbed, it is just so violating. Sorry!! But so proud of you for heading out on such an adventure. Thanks for sharing.
Ahhhh... so sorry babe. I do love you. I'm really proud of you for going to McD's by yourself with the kiddos!! I'm so sorry though. Love you tons.
Post a Comment