Monday, November 21, 2011

How Many More Days?

     Each year Micah understands a little bit more and gets a little bit more excited about Christmas.  This year he can't stop asking me how many days until the big day.  I try to explain to him that Christmas still isn't for a while, but he hasn't really grasped the concept of 30 or 40 more days. So, I decided instead of going through trying to explain this concept every day, I would create a visual aid for him to understand it better.  

     So, together we created a very long paper chain.  The kids decorated the strips of paper and Micah helped cut them out.  We stapled them all together and we take one off each day counting down to Christmas.

     The kids had so much fun creating the paper chain.  Micah cheerfully pulls a chain off each day and can now see exactly how many more days there are until Christmas.

                 This was supposed to be our serious picture.

                                  This was our crazy one.


2 comments:

Erin said...

Great idea. I'll have to try that with Nathan.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and the kids are getting so big!! It is a fun time of year and I can't wait for Christmas either...Hey Micah, How many more days???