Saturday, August 14, 2010

Making of a Turtle Cake






I needed an easy cake for Micah's birthday and I found this one on the internet. It's kind of crazy after all of the countries we have lived in this is the first time I had to make the cake mix and frosting from scratch. The cake didn't quite turn out the way I was hoping. The frosting was really runny, so I had to put some chocolate around the sides. I think it turned out alright, but it didn't really matter how I felt. Micah LOVED it!! He kept saying, "Wow! Thank you mommy! You're the best mommy!" That definitely made all the work and frustration with the frosting worth it!! Sweet boy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! Way to go Micah for loving his mommy! I think the cake looks great! Isn't it crazy the things you can find in one country that you can't find in another.